Saturday, February 11, 2012

EvE Never Takes a Hiatus

It seems that I keep taking breaks from Eve as of late. however, I'm still around. Time to discuss this!
Ok so yeah, for some reason I seem to be bored with eve but I'm sticking with it as best as I can. For some reason I thought running a corp in eve would be easy with only 11 members, but it's a chore some days. Always hauling it seems. So I took a week long break, got some sleep, and I'm back. With a solid and steadfast director, my absence went *almost* unnoticed except when I missed my Friday ops. Ah well, I'm back, and it's time to play!

There isn't a whole lot happening in Eve... if you live in highsec! In nullsec however, supers seem to be getting killed rather regularly, and space is shifting hands at an astonishing rate. One big story however, is RA's current CEO stepping down from power. He admits that he did real money trading with the alliance wallet, and yet it seems people still love him. But when this guy stepping down, RA is taking a huge blow to their leadership and the potential for them to hold space against the ever increasing threat of Against All Authorities. My take on this is hopefully RA does fall, despiite the fact that a few of my friends live in their space, because it owuld be a situation of "Out with the old, in with the new." With over a hundred systems opening up to newer players and alliances, we could see the foundation of new nullsec powers. Although my current guess is that some of the big stars of the nullsec world will just drop down there and scoop it up for themselves. Good old nullsec!


I see a killmail floating around that has been confirmed from multiple sources that a carrier fully faction and officer fit was taken down in a wormhole! Congratulatory words go out to Aperature Harmonics and their crew for such an amazing kill. Hopefully, the pilot of that carrier will learn a lesson and not decide to rat when AHARM comes knocking on their hole- especially not in one worth more then a well fit super carrier. Ah well. An idiot is born every second and EvE is no exception to that rule.
*EDIT* Thanks to a comment from below, it seems that the carrier was actually willingly engaged into the fight. Mad props to that pilot for flying such an expensively fit ship an in attempt to ward off the would be invaders. I must say damn. Balls of steel. Link to the full story on how it went down here.

On another note- I have seen another impressive kill mail, this one comes from highsec and has video proof! A ratting *edit: missioning* megathron thought that he could take down an iteron and well, he was wrong. I can't say i know what the megathron was thinking but let this show to all you pilots that iterons are a lot nastier then you think! Props goes out to Pandemic Legion's own HulkUp for this amazing kill.



For now though, that's all I have! Fly dangerously!
-Tassemet

4 comments:

  1. The faction-fit carrier killed by AHARM was not ratting, he was part of a fleet defending a w-space system from an AHARM eviction. The heroic sacrifice of the balls-of-steel carrier pilot (with a little ransom sauce) saved them from an eviction that would have cost a lot more than 40 bill.

    http://dontshootx.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-pulsar-far-far-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that wonderful read! It seems that I was misinformed about the carrier going down.

    Props to you for correcting my intel, and props to that carrier pilot for litterally putting everything on the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank you for the link to get the story straight for everyone reading!

      Delete