Monday, June 2, 2014

A Lesson In How to be an Asshole and Not Walk Away

It's been a really long time since I have written anything. Anything at all. But recently, an event irked me, so let me first start by posting some logs here really quickly.


Wardec chat logz
From: Tassemet
Sent: 2014.05.29 12:40
To: XXX,

Lothar Holdchar > Yes hello
Tassemet > good evening, sir/
Tassemet > I was just looking to inquire into the reason you wardec'd our corp?
Lothar Holdchar > Because 25 million ISK
Tassemet > What do you mean?
Lothar Holdchar > That Raven contract today
Tassemet > Ah haha
Lothar Holdchar > A very insulting offer
Lothar Holdchar > so I'm going to come on up from Stain
Tassemet > Knew it was something market related
Lothar Holdchar > and say hello
Tassemet > I must ask how it was insulting considering I had my market window pulled up and it was showing 170mil buy orders :)
Lothar Holdchar > For a regular raven
Lothar Holdchar > mine had 3 large rigs
Lothar Holdchar > You were asking me to sell you a stripped raven
Lothar Holdchar > Lowballing me by 25 mil
Tassemet > Just trying to make isk, man. No offense, but I was polite :)
Lothar Holdchar > The offer was extremely insulting
Tassemet > I appologize if I insulted you.
Lothar Holdchar > I didn't realize it in first due to being in fleet
Lothar Holdchar > So a wardec is in order
Tassemet > Fair enough, friend.
Tassemet > I wish you the best of luck :)

Now that I have that out of the way, cue lesson.

It seems all too often nowadays that people are being absolute assholes, and I've noticed it ever more since my early days of EvE when I started after Red Moon rising came out. It appears to me that there's been a huge trend towards violence as a means to "put people in line." Now, before you all dismiss this as another scenario of "Boo-hoo. Another care bear whining, the tears they are delicious!" Let me say this.



Violence is unwarranted as a scare tactic.



I'm not scared, not in the least. I mean, sure, I made the guy a low offer as the chat logs explain but honestly, who doesn't play the market game and troll through contracts and look for people who might be looking for a quick sell? I was when I sent out several offers via evemail. And of all those, I must say, only one guy took the high road with a nice reply of "Sorry m8, it's priced fair." No worries.



This guy made the point to laugh at me, throw insults in chat and leave on one character, and then turn around and contact me on ANOTHER character AFTER he said no with only "You're dumb."
Oh and then he proceeds to wardec my corp over a market offer. Ah well.



Lesson to be learned here: If someone makes a market offer, no need to go nuts to the point of wardeccing a corporation to prove a point. Awesome, you know how to pvp. Got it. Go find some enemies out in null that are the real baddies that are threatening to take your space. And while some may argue that taking isk is just as bad, how is twenty five million isk in my favor going to change anything? I'm all about reinvesting and making more isk. So while you have a wardec going that you will keep paying out millions for, I'll just log on with an alt and continue to play the game and have fun.



Who knows, maybe you'll be so broke that you'll come to me asking me to buy your Raven for 170mil.


No comments:

Post a Comment