Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday.



"You feel like you're alone, but you're not. As your ship lands, strangely shaped ships appear from bunkers... You aren't alone after all as the drones lock your target for disturbing their hive..."


Yup, that's right. I'm in the drone regions of nullspace. This place is pretty fun, and interesting. One major thing to note is the lack of bounties, but instead of bounties, drones drop alloys which can be refined for minerals which can be made into ships which can be sold for isk... you get the picture. Anothe rmajor difference is the fact that I need to omni-tank my ships, that is, tank for all damage ypes, as they shoot all of them.

Yes I admit, setting up here is a little bit difficult and wallet-hurting, but once you get your logistics down, you roll in the isk. For example:
"Guys, in the last day, we've made half a billion isk. With 5 of us. Five!" -Anonymous TS source
"If we wanted to, we could build a carrier tomorrow and then another one the day after that" -Anonymous TS source

Those two sources alone should give you an idea of the profit to be made here in these regions. Add this to the fact that were I am, nobody really ever comes bothering you and life is nothing but rats and looting. Let me put it this way- our biggest problem running complexes wasn't DPS, as the drakes could handle and tank anything with no worries, but rather with salvagers keeping up. And this was with two people salvaging. Imagine when we get up to full speed with more people and more sites to run!

Upgrades wise, we're steaming onward and it seems that we will be on par to have level 3 upgrades before downtime tomorrow. The rest, will only come with time and effort- both of which we have plenty to give.

As for my own personal efforts out here, I've managed to put up two PI infrastructes on gas planets churning out misc. PI goods or resale in empire or null. Let me put it this way- I've had it running one day cycles and it's been producing so much P0 components that I needed to split the output of the one extractor head  with 10 extractors to two spaceports to hold it all for processing into P1 materials. And for processing, I have 6 basic factories that are struggling to keep up with the input, one of the reasons I split the extractor output to 2 spaceports. Tonight I'm emptying the P1 holding spaceport and running a gatecamp in my cloaked Viator, named Pride, to get to a lowsec/0.0 system to sell my goods. Oh, and I need to do this twice- the one planet is making oxidizing compounds, the other is making oxygen. Should make for a fun time.

Disadvantes we've encountered so far are few- I mean, I need to reload, oops, no missiles for me to go get from our POS. It's fustrating but eventually, we had someone do a trip in a rorqual and bring out just a massive amount of ammo. Like 300k units for 3 different ammo types massive. The other one is the fact that we all currently work out of a POS while we work on getting other arrangements settled. But that's enough for now. We have our work cut out for us and we plan on getting fully settled and on to our main task.

For the time being, my task is to kill these drones with my myrmidon...

No comments:

Post a Comment