Wednesday, November 23, 2011

CCP Live Event Hot-dropped

In the afternoon hours (evening for some), a CCP fleet leaving Polaris arrived in Tama, where they were stationed for a while camping a gate. Hilarity ensued, as well as lag as hundreds swarmed to take a shot at their favorite Dev. Approx 600+ were in local (according to my laggy local chat) and things went swimmingly for about an hour, to ninety minutes- players attacked devs, and they attacked back, fielding mainly amarr apocs with what appeared to be blaster megathrons, with guardians for logistics support.





Then... they were all hot-dropped.

Pandemic Legion, deciding they wanted all the wrecks (loot/drones) for themselves, hotdropped in approximately 6-8 titans (numbers were unconfirmable) and a dozen supercarriers as well as carriers for triage. They then proceeded to clear the field with whoever remained straggling (including myself), where I don't have anything solid past that.

However, a pirate group sat camping the only station in the system, getting kill after kill as people attempted to loot the field (including myself), and looting it for themselves. All I know is, this event seems to have been a success, until Pandemic Legion showed up. Lag reduced towards the end when the capital fleet jumped in... however, I fully expect to see a fight on that gate as other alliances take advantage and jump in capitals of their own and attempt to take on the PL fleet, however, as I am not on grid, I cannot confirm that that is what will happen.

Rest assured, someone (ahem PL ahem) will be making off with a handsome profit of loot, ammo, drones, salvage, and whatever other goodies that CCP has decided to have stored in their cargo bays. I had fun- mainly because it was the first time I have seen titans on a grid, let alone more then one. I hope everyone else had fun too! It certainly was a way to start the Thaknsgiving Weekend!

Some Photos from the Event:


No comments:

Post a Comment